Using the Balsam Catalog
- Open the Balsam Catalog from your library’s website our ours.
- Search the catalog by typing something in the search box.
- Notice options that appear as you type – you may choose any one.
- Use type, format, and library select pull-downs to narrow your search.
- The library choice may be your library – see your local library if you want that option.
- Click on the Search button.
- See the list of materials.
- Notice the “sort by relevance” option – you can choose to sort by title, author, or publication date.
- Click on one item in the list, it will open a new window to show you the item status.
For a more in-depth explanation of the Evergreen System, visit Online Catalog Help.
Patron Accounts from your local library
Your patron account information from your library has your user name and a beginner password.
If you are using a public computer, please log out after you are done in your account.
How to Change Your Password
Log in to your account on the Catalog Page.
Click on the Account Preferences Tab, and you will be able to change your password or email. If you do not have your beginner password, see your library.
Enter your beginner password, then enter your new password. It must be 7 characters long and have at least one letter and one number. The library does not know your password.
If you forget your password, your library can issue you a new beginner password.
Things to do with your new Library Account
To see your checkouts: Log in. Choose the first tab "Account Summary". Choose "View all".
Renewing online, even if item is overdue. Check your library for number of times renewable. Use your "Account summary", go to "Items currently checked out", "View all", "Select title", "Renew selected titles", "Go", "OK". If you see "copy needed to fulfill a hold, please return item to library, someone else wants it!
Do I have any fines? In "My account summary", bottom of page lists books with fines.
Place a hold. In your account, use the catalog to find an item. On right side of screen choose "Place hold". Choose email or phone notice, pickup library. "Submit."
Find out if a hold is ready. In "My account summary", choose "Holds" tab.
To keep lists of what you have checked out.
a. Create a new list with My List, Naming the list, and Submit
b. Add a book you have checked out: go to Item checked out, click on title, on right side of screen see Add to my list, choose list.