HELP – Patron
1. Using the Catalog
A. OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
B. KPAC (Kids Public Access Catalog)
2. Patron accounts.
A. Changing your password
B. New Account users
C. Advanced account users
1. A. Using the catalog OPAC
Enter a word or words in the Search box.
You can also choose the Type of word and /or the format of the item.
Choose your library, if it is not already entered.
The results are usually given in relevance order, you can change this.
Select the item you want, to see if it is available.
Note the call number and location to help you find it on the library shelves.
1. B. Using the KPAC
Choose the KPAC
Choose the ages levels
Choose on of the topic icons
Enter your topic word or words
Choose the item and note the call number.
2. Patron accounts – check with your library for an account setup.
2. A. Changing your password
Your patron account information from the library has your user name and a beginner password.
Change your password the first time you use the account.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
Log in to your account on the catalog page: either chosen from your library’s web page,
One of the 6 tabs in the center of the page is “Account Preferences”, chose this tab to change your password or your email address. If you do not have your beginner password, see your library.
Enter your beginner password that your librarian gave you. Enter your new password. It must be 7 characters long, have at least one letter and one number. The library does not know your password.
If you forget it, they can issue you a new beginner password.
2. B. New Account users
New to patron accounts? Beginning steps to using your patron account.
Things do do with your new library account:
1. See what you have checked out
2. Renew online
3. See if you have any fines (if your library charges fines)
4. Place a hold on an item.
5. Find out if a hold is ready.
6. Keep lists of favorite books, what you have already read, or what you want to read.
Directions for 1-6
1. To see your checkouts: Log in. Choose the first tab “Account Summary”. Choose “View all”.
2. Renewing online, even if item is overdue. Check your library for number of times renewable. Use your “Account summary”, go to “Items currently checked out”, “View all”, “Select title”, “Renew selected titles”, “Go”, “OK”. If you see “copy needed to fulfill a hold, please return item to library, someone else wants it!
3. Do I have any fines? In “My account summary”, bottom of page lists books with fines.
4. Place a hold. In your account, use the catalog to find an item. On right side of screen choose “Place hold”. Choose email or phone notice, pickup library. “Submit.”
5. Find out if a hold is ready. In “My account summary”, choose “Holds” tab.
6. To keep lists of what you have checked out.
a. Create a new list with My List, Naming the list, and Submit
b. Add a book you have checked out: go to Item checked out, click on title, on right side of screen see Add to my list, choose list.
If you are using a public computer, please Log out after you are done in your account.
For more details and video directions, see: (link coming soon)
2. C. Advanced account users – (coming soon)
History and Search preferences
Working with multiple lists